Skip to main content

It's about the Respect

I think a lot about self help. I like to read self help books (when I have time) and I like to know what motivates people and how I can always better myself. Even if I don't use the information I find it really interesting. I was thinking about how sometimes I use food when I'm upset and eat chocolate or sweets to make myself feel better. Emotional Eating People. Even when I know I'm doing it, I keep on and eat until my belly is full and my stressed out mind is empty. I do not know why they coincide but they do. Full belly= distracted mind. I was thinking of strategies I could come up with to help break this bad habit. I'm not even certain this habit can be broken, I'm realistic and know myself pretty well, which means I know I could never fully break this habit I could only change the type of food I eat or the amount. But the point of my thought process came to this: Respect. I need to respect myself enough to make good choices, choices that make me feel good about myself, choices that lead to me being the kind of person I want to be. Who I want to be and who I am at the moment are very different, I'm a work in progress. Always, I will always keep trying to be a better version of myself. So today I want to be more mindful of my decisions and ask myself if what I'm doing is respectful. If you treat yourself with respect and consciously make an effort to take better care of yourself, even if it's making sure to drink plenty of water and take your vitamin, that's better than mindlessly eating a dozen of cookies because you've had a hard day and you "deserve" it. What you really need to remember is that cookies are not the answer to stress, maybe it's a long shower, some alone time to take a long walk or maybe a coffee date with a friend. It will take conscious thought, whereas eating can be mindless sometimes, you start with one good decision at a time and just try. That's all we can do but think about the one word: Respect. (Why have I been singing the Aretha Franklin song in my head this whole time?! I can't even type the word Respect without starting the lyrics over ) Until next time.
-B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Control

I was having a conversation with my mom yesterday about eating and self control. I can't tell you how many times I have racked my brain for motivation and simple logic on how to better control myself around food. I feel like if you have self control you don't have to be on a diet all you need to do is eat what you want just don't eat so much of it and you've got the whole being healthy thing figured out. Of course it wouldn't hurt to add some good in, that has to be said. BUT I can't seem to figure out how to control my eating when it comes to sitting down and eating supper, I overeat every sinlge time. I have two kids so sitting down to eat isn't as interesting as it used to be. When I would cook meals before I would typically slave for about an hour and by the time I sat down I would eat a small amount then be too tired to eat anymore. Weird I know. Funny thing is when you spend the time cooking a meal eating it is not as interesting as eating something

Motherhood Right Now

I wanted to start a new update on the blog called: Motherhood right now. It will be an update on parenting and what it looks like with my two little ones at the particular age and season of life we are all in. So lets getting started by saying Tuck is practically 21 months and Grant is practically 8 months old. At the moment motherhood could be easier. I have two mama's boys and tend to choose their mom over anyone else. Which could not be more sweet. For instance after teaching my workout class last night I got home and my littlest calmed right down and was happy and my oldest sat in my lap and gave me 100 kisses. On the other hand Grant cried for 45 minutes while I was gone, which breaks my heart and bothers me to know he misses me so much when I'm at work, but I also know its good for him to be with his grandparents and it's good for me to work. I would love to be with my boys 24/7 but I have to work and work is good for me, it keeps my mind busy and I get to be s

Moving

Lately the husband and I have been talking about moving away, whether it be a few towns over that would be closer to his future job or it be a bigger town states away. It's this huge life changing decision that I don't like to make. Our little ones are so close to their grandparents and cousins, and we would absolutely hate to take them away but at the same time we both have this gut feeling of wanting more and wanting to experience more. Its almost like I'm torn between what's an easy decision and what is hard but could be the best thing for us. I'm not saying where we live now doesn't off "enough" it's just that we want more. It would be easy to take a piece of land given to us and build a house and live in the comfort of seeing our family almost everyday. It would be hard to choose exactly where to live and it would be hard to start over in a new place, living like we've never lived before. How do you decide. Obviously we would need to