Skip to main content

Faking it

Somedays I wake up and feel, for lack of a better word, blah. I feel sluggish and even mad sometimes. Mad because I wanted to stay up the night before and I ended up falling asleep again. Then you wake up with allergies and you feel even worse, then you remember your little one has a pediatrician appointment for a shot, you think to yourself-it's going to be a long day. Your coffee does not taste as good as it did yesterday, your head is clogged and all you're trying to do is start your day off right, that's why you got up two hours before the kids. So sometimes when I have these days I try to fake it until I make it. My issue is the small things, things that instantly put me in a bad mood, for instance because I didn't stay up last night the kitchen is not clean, and when my kitchen/house isn't clean my mind seems to scramble and it stresses me out a little. I try to understand this is a mild issue and forget about it, but I know I'll be scrambling all day to clean and try to spend time with the boys. My point is, I try to keep a smile on my face and try to have a good day regardless of the situation, I try to remember what is good in the moment, like having two boys that aren't sick and grouchy. I love it when my boys are healthy and feeling good, feeling like themselves. As I write this I'm already feeling better. I can do this. I think if I keep telling myself this while i'm doing my workout with a pounding headache I will feel better :) Until next time.
-B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Control

I was having a conversation with my mom yesterday about eating and self control. I can't tell you how many times I have racked my brain for motivation and simple logic on how to better control myself around food. I feel like if you have self control you don't have to be on a diet all you need to do is eat what you want just don't eat so much of it and you've got the whole being healthy thing figured out. Of course it wouldn't hurt to add some good in, that has to be said. BUT I can't seem to figure out how to control my eating when it comes to sitting down and eating supper, I overeat every sinlge time. I have two kids so sitting down to eat isn't as interesting as it used to be. When I would cook meals before I would typically slave for about an hour and by the time I sat down I would eat a small amount then be too tired to eat anymore. Weird I know. Funny thing is when you spend the time cooking a meal eating it is not as interesting as eating something

Motherhood Right Now

I wanted to start a new update on the blog called: Motherhood right now. It will be an update on parenting and what it looks like with my two little ones at the particular age and season of life we are all in. So lets getting started by saying Tuck is practically 21 months and Grant is practically 8 months old. At the moment motherhood could be easier. I have two mama's boys and tend to choose their mom over anyone else. Which could not be more sweet. For instance after teaching my workout class last night I got home and my littlest calmed right down and was happy and my oldest sat in my lap and gave me 100 kisses. On the other hand Grant cried for 45 minutes while I was gone, which breaks my heart and bothers me to know he misses me so much when I'm at work, but I also know its good for him to be with his grandparents and it's good for me to work. I would love to be with my boys 24/7 but I have to work and work is good for me, it keeps my mind busy and I get to be s

Moving

Lately the husband and I have been talking about moving away, whether it be a few towns over that would be closer to his future job or it be a bigger town states away. It's this huge life changing decision that I don't like to make. Our little ones are so close to their grandparents and cousins, and we would absolutely hate to take them away but at the same time we both have this gut feeling of wanting more and wanting to experience more. Its almost like I'm torn between what's an easy decision and what is hard but could be the best thing for us. I'm not saying where we live now doesn't off "enough" it's just that we want more. It would be easy to take a piece of land given to us and build a house and live in the comfort of seeing our family almost everyday. It would be hard to choose exactly where to live and it would be hard to start over in a new place, living like we've never lived before. How do you decide. Obviously we would need to